MOVING GUIDE AND CHECKLIST
Colorado's Top Rated Local® Moving Service Company
At Abe Lincoln Movers
we built our Colorado moving services on a strong foundation of trust. With more than 20 years of experience, you can rely on us for all your residential and commercial moving services. We understand moving is stressful and aim to alleviate some of the stress with our satisfaction-guaranteed moving experience. Contact us today to get started!
MOVING GUIDE & CHECKLIST
Between packing and trying to remember everything you have to do when you finally move into your new space, there’s not a lot of wiggle room for procrastination. The earlier you can get everything for your move situated, the less likely you’re going to make an unwanted mistake or feel extremely overwhelmed. That’s why our team at Abe Lincoln Movers has put together a moving guide and checklist for you. We want to help make your move as smooth as possible, and that all starts with proper preparation.
Contact us today for your residential, commercial or specialty moving service needs.
Preparation Timeline For Your Move
Before the move
Typically you will want to plan your move as early as possible. Finding a reputable Denver moving company, like Abe Lincoln Movers, can help you address any moving concerns you may have. This is also a good time to get a quote for your move to calculate potential moving expenses. Here are some other moving checklist items that need to be addressed before your big moving day:
- Create a moving folder or computer file where you can store any important information or documents regarding your move. For example, these documents would include your moving quote, a list of items you want to sell, moving expense receipts, a lease if you’re a renter, etc.
- Request time off from work if you aren’t moving on your days off.
- Plan a garage sale and schedule a pick-up time with your donation center for any of your leftover unwanted items.
Before Your Move
After the initial prep work, you will want to start collecting or purchasing moving containers from various locations like your place of employment, restaurants, or even stores. Begin packing! Remember to:
Before the move
One month out! You should perform the following moving checklist items:
- Purchase moving insurance
- Collect all of your legal and financial documents
- Use the items you can’t sell or donate, such as frozen foods, bleach or aerosol cans
- Cancel any of your cable, internet or phone services
Before Your Move
You are only a couple weeks away from the big move! Be sure to:
of your move
The week before your move can be overwhelming, but also exciting! Ensure you are ready for moving day by:
- Forwarding your mail
- Transfering your renter’s insurance or homeowners insurance to your new abode.
- Cleaning up around your current home! This is a courtesy move for your next tenant, and if you’re a renter, this is essential for receiving your deposit back.
Day Before Your Move
The day before your move is a chance to ensure you have gathered all your belongings. Make sure nothing is left behind in your home by rechecking drawers and closets. Set aside items that you will need the first day at your new place, and ensure you have weather appropriate items for the next day!
It’s finally here! Moving day has arrived!
Lay down protective layerings for your carpets and floors.
Start collecting boxes to help out your moving company. After that, leave the rest of your move to the professionals at Abe Lincoln Movers.
Relax or clean your new home or office space.
You can go grocery shopping, introduce yourself to your neighbors, or start shopping for items that will make your new house a home.
Whether you are moving from one building to another, or across the great state of Colorado, our professional moving services can help make your move as smooth as possible.
CONTACT US TODAY
"*" indicates required fields