As the spring season comes into full swing, many Coloradans are packing up their lives and relocating to a new place. Regardless of the reason for your move in 2018, it’s important to follow the proper steps to optimize the results while minimizing your stress. Packing is one integral part of the process that can play a major role in how the entire project goes. We recommend taking your time and following the best practices when packing your Colorado home. Our company specializes in commercial and residential moving services for Denver clients and beyond, delivering amazing results from start to finish to get your life on track for the future! Abe Lincoln Movers is staffed by experienced, insured, and caring professionals that all put you and your property’s safety first.
While our home movers are happy to help with the packing process, we understand that many homeowners need to do the task themselves to organize and declutter as needed. Read on to learn about a few handy packing tips that may help to make your move a little easier. If you’re looking for professional moving services, be sure to contact us for assistance!
Home Packing Tips
There are many tips that can help to make your move less stressful. Labeling, for example, is one practice that should entail writing down the contents of the box and its intended room. Proper taping will also help, keeping your contents and your feet safe while moving boxes about. Below are a few tips that can help with challenging items.
- Place heavy items in first. A practical way to keep your items safe while making the box easier to move is to put the heavier contents in first. This will help with the box’s balance while keeping your lighter items safe from being crushed.
- Avoid empty spaces. A Tetris-like approach is highly recommended when packing, as it helps to minimize the number of boxes needed, enhances the stability of the box being used, and makes life easier for your local moving company. If boxes feel underpacked or unbalanced, they may not be accepted!
- Keep rooms separate. It can be all-too-tempting to simply throw all of your loose items into various boxes when you are feeling tired. We recommend avoiding this, as the short-term convenience will equate to more effort and energy needed later on!
- Protect breakables. Dishes, cups, and other glass products will need extra care to prevent from breaking. Packing paper is one material that should be used for each individual item, ensuring that glass does not come into contact with glass. Also be sure to stack your flat dishes vertically!
- Use the correct box sizes. Your property comes in all shapes and sizes, so be sure to be accurate in choosing the right receptacle for the job. Boxes for items such as artwork and televisions need to be close to ensure maximum protection. Also consider the weight of your stuff, as textbooks need to be in smaller boxes than lighter products such as pillows.
- Consider specialty products. Moving items such as pianos, oil paintings, and other unique products can require special wrapping instructions for the most protection and safest outcome. Our specialty moving services are tailored to help with this, delivering personalized solutions for everything you own.
Different items in the home will require different processes to provide the protection and peace of mind you need during this intense time. If you’re looking for a stress-free way to move into your new home, the experts at Abe Lincoln Movers would be happy to help! We provide unbeatable residential moving services to Denver and most of Colorado, delivering safe and reliable services to get your life back on track. Contact us today to see how we can help your move!